As an Enterprise Protected-Domain Name Service (EP-DNS) Systems Engineer – Senior, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide Information Assurance (IA) support for the Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Domain Name Service Security Extensions, and Architectural Support Land Warrior Network (LandWarNet) for the Enterprise Protected-Domain Name Service (EP-DNS) supporting classified and unclassified networks in the Army Enterprise. You will provide engineering, testing, documentation, and technical support in the implementation of the EP-DNS software applications and related hardware. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Patch and upgrade Oracle database Infoblox appliance, and Solaris Operating System software for the U.S. Army's EP-DNS in a test environment.
- Create a shell, using Practical Extraction and Report Language (PERL) and Standard Query Language (SQL) Plus to automate data-gathering tasks in a test environment.
- Install and configure enterprise-level Oracle database servers, Infoblox appliances, Solaris-based domain name servers, and Java Runtime Environments in a test environment.
- Modify the LandWarNet architecture design of the Army EP-DNS infrastructure and Internet domain name resolution/Internet Protocol (IP) schema in a test environment.
- Monitor and audit the Army's Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/IP address scheme across the LandWarNet.
- Write white papers, technical notes, test engineering reports, Engineering Considerations (EC), software maintenance updates (SMU), and ECPs.
- Provide technical support to Army customers, field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging EP-DNS hardware and software problems.
Coordinate, test, and implement EP-DNS security upgrades in a test environment.
- Create software upgrades and implement software patches to the Sun Solaris 10/11 Operating System, Oracle 10/11 Database, Infoblox Trinzinc, and Lucent Vital QIP DNS software.
- Research Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts and vulnerabilities in Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) software.
- Perform security scans on EP-DNS servers using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) for UNIX and Oracle databases.
Identify security impacts to the EP-DNS, and design, implement, and maintain the secured EP-DNS baseline.
- Develop incidental technical documentation and drawings as necessary.
- Review engineering designs, system designs, engineering concept of operations, and ECPs all based on DNS designs.
- Current Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
- Bachelor's Degree with 4+ years practical experience; OR 12+ years of practical experience.
- Seven (7) years working expertise in SUN Solaris 10/11, Oracle 10/11, and Domain Name Service (DNS).
- Extensive experience with Research Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts and vulnerabilities in Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) software.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: IPv4, IPv6, DNSSEC, Trinsic, DHCP, Vital QIP.
- IAT Level II certified as specified in DOD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 (Sec+ or other specific IA Certification).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Expertise in the following: SUN Solaris 10/11, Oracle 10/11, and Domain Name Service (DNS).
- Have extensive knowledge of current regulatory criteria, policies, procedures, principles, concepts, and techniques of IT support as it relates to the implementation of the EP-DNS system.
- Working knowledge of the U.S. Army systems currently configured on IPv4 and being moved to IPv6. Knowledge of EP-DNS equipment specifications and plans.
- Proficient in the current version of Visio and shall be familiar with software engineering processes, along with the full suite of Microsoft Office products.